D4000 RF Downconverter / Tuner
Small, powerful and cost-effective downconverter / tuner for the Next Generation RF Environment
Downconverters are one of the most economical and cost-effective methods for increasing the frequency performance of RF signal analysis systems. In the new world of 5G networks, a downconverter can reduce time to market and costs for mobile operators and system integrators.
The ThinkRF series of RF downconverters / tuners are designed for maximum performance and interoperability. The D4000 RF Downconverter / Tuner enables translation of RF signals in the frequency range of 24-40 GHz with up to 500 MHz of real-time bandwidth (RTBW), to capture mm-wave 5G signals.
Advantages of D4000 Downconverters/Tuners
- Wideband: Up to 500 MHz of analog bandwidth
- Frequency: From 24 to 40 GHz which covers the entire mm-wave frequency range for 5G FR2.
- Pre-select filtering: Sophisticated RF filter technology that eliminates out-of-band signals and enables spurious mitigation. Without filtering these can result in interference within the analysis bands.
- Single IF output: Easy integration with spectrum analyzers or receivers.
- Built-in local oscillators: Eliminates the need for external synthesizers.
- Extensible: Can be extended to cover lower 5G FR1 bands using other complementary ThinkRF receiver products.
In addition to their exceptional performance in frequency range, the D4000 has several other differentiators that makes it an ideal component for 5G signal monitoring.
Compact Form Factor
Measuring 7.6″ x 7.6″ x 1.6″ and weighing only 3.7 lbs, the D4000 RF Downconverter / Tuner features a compact design that makes it portable, versatile, and easy to use for 5G analysis in any deployment scenario without adding significant size, weight, and power (SWaP) requirements.
Standard Configuration Interface
The D4000 supports open APIs for C/C++ and Python, and standard configuration protocols via SCPI commands over a Telnet connection, or configuration via spectrum analyzer software over a LAN connection.
The D4000 works with third-party test equipment, RF Spectrum Analyzers, Software-Defined Radios and interfaces. The open platform works seamlessly with current spectrum analysis solutions through standard SCPI control over Ethernet, allowing control of the unit through the spectrum analyzer or any standard PC.
Multi-Unit Synchronization Capability
The D4000 includes 10 MHz input and output clock references to support clock synchronization with external modules. This allows the ability to run multiple units in parallel to coordinate a compound signal monitoring system, particularly for wideband signal monitoring and capture.